J.Crew, an American multi-brand, specialty retailer, came to Ireland this Summer to shoot their newest campaign for their December Style Guide and Fraser’s child model, Alex , had the incredible experience of shooting for the American company, who have stores in Manhattan, San Francisco and California.
1. Did you and Alex have a fun day on the shoot?
So much fun – Alex had a horse and cart ride up on the hills, plus saw plenty of sheep! And Mum got to relax and take in the breath taking scenery while Alex was working!
2. What was your favorite part of the day?
Pretending to pull pints at the local pub at Ballinskelligs Bay – all the mums and kids had a go – the Americans loved the quaint, old Irish pub!
3. What was Alex’s favorite part of the day?
Having lunch on the double decker bus – plenty of food was catered for us – the double decker bus was transformed into a ‘mini restaurant’ plus he got dessert!!
4. Where did the shoot take place?
Gap of Dunloe (1st day) and Ballinskelligs Bay (2nd day)
5. What was it like working in a the location like that?
Fabulous day at the Gap of Dunloe – the sun was shining, hillwalkers walking – and got to chat to the locals! Rain the second day – hence pretending to pull pints in the pub!
6. Did Alex love seeing himself in the J Crew campaign pictures after?
Alex loved seeing himself in the J Crew campaign – he said he could be famous in America (but not here!!).
7. What does Alex like most about doing jobs like this with Frasers?
The excitement of the different shoots – and getting to make new friends!
8. How did Alex get picked for the job?
His grandad (David Heather) decided to sign his three grandsons up to Frasers as he thought they may have something – which proved right as J Crew were looking for a particular Irish look – Alex fit the bill!
9. It must be so exciting to see Alex getting big jobs like this! What is your favorite part of Alex being with Frasers?
It is very exciting – Alex loves doing the work – gets plenty of attention – plus a chance to hang out with different people for a few days!
10. If Alex could describe the day shooting for J Crew in 3 words what would they be?
Fantastic, Fun – and Awesome (picked up some American slang)!